With all-day performance, a new S Pen and intelligent camera, the Galaxy Note9 keeps up with your life
WATCH THE VIDEO
Samsung Electronics Singapore today announced the latest addition to its premium Note series – the Galaxy Note9. The Note series is testament to Samsung’s latest groundbreaking innovations, and the Galaxy Note9 builds on this legacy with a premium smartphone that delivers ultimate performance, and is for the first-time ever equipped with a new S Pen with connectivity and Samsung’s most intelligent camera yet.
“Over the years, mobile phones have become an essential part of consumers’ lives, and the Galaxy Note9 has been developed to meet consumers’ high expectations,” said Sarah Chua, Vice-President, IT & Mobile, Samsung Electronics Singapore. “The new member of the Note series builds on the Note legacy, combining the Note series’ most well-loved features with new and improved innovations, allowing consumers to get the best experience from work to play.”
All Day Performance
Consumers rely on their smartphones for almost everything they do – all-day, everyday. They need a phone that can keep up with their lifestyles, where they do not have to look for the nearest outlet to recharge, delete content to free up storage for their next snap, wait anxiously for their video to download, or deal with any lag time when gaming. Consumers need a phone that will not let them down, and the Galaxy Note9 delivers.
- All Day Battery: The Galaxy Note9’s 4,000mAh battery is the largest ever on a flagship Galaxy phone, providing consumers with long-lasting battery power to use all-day – to talk, text, play games and watch movies from morning to night.
- 128GB or 512GB. With the ability to insert a microSD card, the Galaxy Note9 is 1TB-ready, providing consumers with peace of mind knowing that there is enough storage on their device for their favourite photos, videos and apps.
- Speed and Power: The Galaxy Note9 is a super powerful smartphone with a cutting-edge 10nm processor and support for the fastest network speeds available in the market (up to 1.2 gigabits per second) to stream and download without slowing down. The Galaxy Note9 also comes equipped with an industry-leading, Samsung-developed Water Carbon Cooling system and on-device AI-based performance-adjusting algorithm, to deliver a powerful yet stable performance.
The Evolution of the S Pen
The S Pen is the signature feature of the Note series, where Samsung has expanded the notion of what a smartphone can do. Beginning as a tool for writing and drawing, the S Pen is now putting more power and control in their hands.
Now equipped with Bluetooth® Low-Energy (BLE) support, the new S Pen delivers an entirely new way to use the Note. With just a click, it is now possible for users to use the S Pen to take selfies and group pictures, present slides, pause and play videos, and more. Developers will also be able to integrate the S Pen’s new, advanced BLE functionalities into their apps in future.
The Intelligent Camera That Makes Pictures Perfect
Consumers can find it hard to take a picture that looks like one taken by professionals, but it should not be. The Galaxy Note9 builds on Samsung’s industry-leading camera technologies with new capabilities that takes the work out of taking the perfect picture.
- Scene Optimizer: The Galaxy Note9’s camera is Samsung’s smartest yet. It uses intelligence to identify elements of a photo, such as scene and subject, to automatically classify it into one of 20 categories and instantly optimize it based on the category. The result is a stunning, life-like image with bold colors and dynamic definition.
- Flaw Detection: The first shot may not always come out right. With the Galaxy Note9, the smartphone lets users know if there is something wrong with their shot, so they can take another picture without losing the moment. A notification will appear on the screen immediately if the image is blurry, if the subject in the image had blinked, if there was a smudge on the lens, or if there is backlight impacting the quality of the image.
- Premium Camera: Equipped with a unique combination of advanced intelligence features and leading premium hardware, the Galaxy Note9’s camera is one of the best on the market. It comes equipped with advanced noise reduction technology and a Dual Aperture lens, which adjusts to light just like the human eye. No matter what the lighting conditions are, the Galaxy Note9’s top-tier camera delivers a crystal-clear shot.
Premium Experiences: From Work to Play
The Infinity Display is the cornerstone of Samsung’s design heritage, and the Galaxy Note9 has the largest edge-to-edge display ever on a Note. The 6.4-inch Super AMOLED Infinity Display provides a truly immersive multimedia experience. The Galaxy Note9’s Infinity Display is complemented by stereo speakers, which are tuned by AKG, and the ability to deliver Dolby Atmos® immersive audio for a life-like audio experience. Watching videos on mobile has never looked or sounded better than it that is able to deliver a best-in-class YouTube experience.
The Galaxy Note9 also delivers a PC-like user experience with Samsung DeX. Users can work on their presentations, edit photos, and watch their favorite shows, powered entirely by their phone. Users can easily experience Samsung DeX with the easy-to-carry HDMI adapters. When connected to a monitor, the Galaxy Note9 can power a virtualized desktop and even serve as a fully-functional second screen. Users can take notes with the S Pen while watching a video, use the Galaxy Note9 as a trackpad to right-click, drag and drop, or open multiple windows on the monitor. It has never been easier to be more productive.
Galaxy and Beyond
The Galaxy Note9 is equipped with premium Galaxy technolgies, including fast wireless charging, IP68 water and dust resistance and Samsung services such as Samsung Health and Samsung Pay. The Galaxy Note9 features Samsung’s trusted, defense-grade Knox security platform to keep important information safe, and biometric authentication options including fingerprint scanning, iris scanning and facial recognition capabilities.
The Galaxy Note9 is a portal to the full Samsung ecosystem of devices and services, opening up a world of possibilities. Users can use the Galaxy Note9 and SmartThings to control connected devices, or get more done with Bixby, a personalized, intelligent assistant.
Galaxy Note9: Pre-Order and Registration of Interest
Samsung will be holding a pre-order promotion in celebration of the exciting launch of the Galaxy Note9 in Singapore. All consumers who successfully purchase the Galaxy Note9 (128GB) during pre- order will be entitled to a free upgrade to the Galaxy Note9 (512GB), worth $330, at the point of collection or delivery (upon full payment) of their Galaxy Note9 from 22 August 2018.
Pre-Order at Telecommunications Operators
Pre-Order/ Registration of interest with M1, Singtel and StarHub for the Galaxy Note9 will commence from 10 August 2018, Friday, 3pm. Consumers can visit the following URLs for more information:
- M1: www.m1.com.sg/galaxynote9
- Singtel: www.singtel.com/galaxynote9
- StarHub: www.starhub.com/galaxynote9
Pre-Order at Samsung Store Online/ Samsung Experience Stores
Consumers can also pre-order their Galaxy Note9 (without contract) via the Samsung Store online
(https://note9preorder.samsung.com.sg/) or visit the following Samsung Experience Stores from 10 August 2018, Friday, 3pm:
- Central: 313@somerset #B2-24/25/26 Tel: 6836 1809, Bugis Junction #01-63/63A Tel: 63387911, Chinatown Point #01-48 Tel: 6222 7911, VivoCity #02-28/29 Tel: 6376 9150
- East: Bedok Mall #B1-07 Tel: 6844 9310, Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3 #02-23 Tel: 6241 4125 (Open to transit and departing passengers only), Parkway Parade #03-30F Tel: 6440 7969, Tampines Mall #02-29 Tel: 6782 9575
- North: Causeway Point #03-12 Tel: 6891 1011, nex #04-42 Tel: 6636 7392
- West: Jurong Point #B1-09/10/11 Tel: 6791 2272, Westgate #01-01 Tel: 6369 9175
To pre-order, consumers simply have to place a $100 deposit for each device and select their choice of collection points from Samsung Experience Stores islandwide and appointment timeslots during opening hours. Alternatively, consumers can choose to make full payment and get their Galaxy Note9 delivered to their choice of POPStation or via delivery to their designated address.
Pre-order at Major Consumer Electronics & IT Stores and Lazada Singapore
Pre-order for the Galaxy Note9 will also be available online from 10 August 2018, Friday, 3pm at major consumer electronics & IT stores’ (Best Denki, Courts, Gain City, Hachi, Harvey Norman and Newstead) respective websites and Lazada Singapore. More information is available at the following URLs:
- Best Denki: https://www.bestdenki.com.sg/galaxynote9
- Courts: https://www.courts.com.sg/galaxynote9
- Gain City: https://www.gaincity.com/galaxynote9
- Hachi: https://www.hachi.tech/galaxynote9
- Harvey Norman: https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/galaxynote9
- Lazada Singapore: https://pages.lazada.sg/wow/i/sg/SGCampaign/galaxynote9
- Newstead: https://newsteadretail.com.sg/galaxynote9
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy Note9 will be available from 25 August 2018, at local telecommunication operators (M1, Singtel and StarHub), major consumer electronics & IT stores, Samsung Experience Stores, Lazada Singapore, selected marketplace and at all authorised mobile retailers. The respective recommended retail prices (with GST) for the device variants are as follows:
|Model||Built-in Memory||RRP (S$)|
The Galaxy Note9 will be available in Ocean Blue, Metallic Copper and Midnight Black.
The following Galaxy Note9 accessories will also be available from 10 August 2018 to complement the devices:
|Wireless Charger Pad||Black, White||$78|
|Wireless Charger Duo||Black, White||$148|
|Clear View Standing Cover||Black, Blue, Brown, Violet||$78|
|LED View Cover||Black, Blue, Brown, Violet||$88|
|Protective Standing Cover||Black, Silver||$68|
|Leather Wallet Cover||Black, Brown, Red||$78|
|Silicone Cover||Black, Blue, Violet, White||$38|
|S Pen for Galaxy Note9||Black, Blue, Brown, Violet||$48|
Samsung Trade Up: Additional $100 Trade-in Value when You Trade Up to Galaxy Note9
The Samsung Trade Up Programme makes it easier for consumers to own the Galaxy Note9. Exclusively with the launch of the new Galaxy Note9, customers who purchase the Galaxy Note9 can trade-in their old eligible device from 22 August 2018 to 31 August 2018, to receive an additional $100 trade-in value on top of the regular trade-in amount.
Consumers can participate in the Samsung Trade Up Programme via the following options:
- Samsung Trade Up @ Samsung Experience Stores
The Samsung Trade Up Programme is now available at any Samsung Experience Stores (with the exception of Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3), for consumers who purchase the Galaxy Note9 without a mobile contract from participating Samsung Experience Stores. Consumers’ old eligible device will be assessed on site, and they will be able to offset the total trade-in value from the purchase price of the Galaxy Note9.
- Samsung Trade Up via App
Consumers can enjoy convenience and great trade-in values, through the Samsung Trade Up (SG) app, from the comfort of their homes, in these simple steps:
- Download the Samsung Trade Up (SG) app on their old device
- Do a quick assessment using the Samsung Trade Up (SG) app to valuate their old device.
- Have the old device collected at their doorstep and receive the trade-in value via bank transfer.
Consumers can visit www.samsung.com/sg/tradeup to learn more about the Samsung Trade Up Programme.
Samsung Concierge Care Pack
The Samsung Concierge Care Pack offers consumers a suite of premium value-added services such as 1-to-1 device exchange within 30 days and 50% savings for a one-time out of warranty repair, to provide consumers peace of mind by keeping their Samsung Galaxy device in tip-top condition. The Samsung Concierge Care Pack is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase of the new device.
Consumers who purchased the Galaxy Note9 can purchase the Samsung Concierge Care Pack at a promotional price of $48 (usual price $128) at Samsung Experience Stores or at the following authorised Samsung Customer Service Centres:
- Plaza Singapura (8 Orchard Road, #B2-23, Singapore 238839)
- Westgate (3 Gateway Drive, #02-01, Singapore 608532)
- VivoCity (1 Harbourfront Walk, #02-28/29, Singapore 098585)
Consumers can visit www.samsung.com/sg/samsungconcierge to learn more about Samsung Concierge.
Galaxy Note9 Product Specifications:
|Display||6.4-inch8 Quad HD+ Super AMOLED, 2960×1440 (516ppi)|
|Rear: Dual Camera with Dual OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)
• Wide-angle: Super Speed Dual Pixel 12MP AF, F1.5/F2.4, OIS
• Telephoto: 12MP AF, F2.4, OIS
• 2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
Front: 8MP AF, F1.7
|Body||161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm, 201g, IP68 (BLE S Pen: 5.7 x 4.35 x 106.37mm, 3.1g, IP68)5|
|AP||10nm 64-bit Octa-core processor (Max. 2.7 GHz + 1.7 GHz)|
|Memory2||6GB RAM (LPDDR4), 128GB + MicroSD slot (up to 512GB)
8GB RAM (LPDDR4), 512GB + MicroSD slot (up to 512GB)
|Sim Card||Hybrid SIM Slot: One Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD slot (up to 512GB)|
• Fast Charging compatible on wired and wireless
• Wired charging compatible with QC2.0 and AFC
• Wireless charging compatible with WPC and PMA
|OS||AndroidTM 8.1 (Oreo)|
|Enhanced 4×4 MIMO, 5CA, LAA23, LTE Cat.18
GSM: Quad Band (850/900/1800/1900 Mhz)
4G FDD: B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B12(700), B13(700), B17(700), B18(800), B19(800s), B20(800), B25(1900), B26(850), B28(700), B32(1500), B66(AWS-3)
4G TDD: B38(2600), B39(1900), B40(2300), B41(2500)
|Wi-Fi® 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM, Bluetooth® v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou)|
|Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor,
Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure
|Lock Type: Pattern, Pin, Password
Biometric Lock Types: Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Scanner, Facial Recognition
Intelligent Scan: Combines iris scan and face recognition for convenient unlocking and in some cases provides enhanced security for certain authentication services
|Audio Playback Format and Codec Supported:
MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DFF, DSF, APE, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC+, eAAC+, AC3, AC4, APE, EAC3, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, Opus, DSD
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) | @60fps; MP4,3GP
Video Playback Format and Codec Supported:
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) | @120fps
MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM, H.263, H.264(AVC), MPEG4, VC-
1, MP43, WMV7, WMV8, VP8, VP9, H.265(HEVC)
1 Tested by Strategy Analytics from 11-24 Jul 2018 in USA and UK with pre-release version of SM-N960 (128GB), estimated based on its 2017 ‘Average User’ usage profile. Actual battery life varies by network, features and apps used, frequency of calls and messages, battery condition, and other factors.
2 Actual user-accessible internal memory is less than specified total memory due to storage of the operating system and
software used to operate the device features, and other built-in applications, and may vary after software updates/ upgrades.
3 Based on 512GB model with 512GB microSD card, sold separately.
4 Actual experienced speeds may vary by country, carrier, network, environment, product condition, content source and other relevant factors.
5 Functionality available in end-2018.
6 The Dual Aperture supports F1.5 mode and F2.4 mode. Dual Aperture is installed on the rear wide-camera.
7 A near bezel-less, full frontal glass, edge-to-edge screen.
8 Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners.
9 Samsung DeX requires use with external display. External display and accessories including HDMI adapter sold separately.
10 Tested on Samsung’s HDMI Adapter (EE-HG950).
11 Dust and Water Resistant (IP68 rating) means that the device is protected against entry of solid foreign objects, and harmful ingress of static fresh water at up to 1.5 metres, for up to 30 minutes, under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results; individual results may vary. Note: IP68 rating does not mean that the device is waterproof.
12 Bixby service availability and features may vary by country or carrier.
13 Offer is limited to pre-order only and available while stocks last. Limited to 2 pre-order sets per customer. Value of $330 is based on the difference in launch RRP between both memory variants of the Galaxy Note9.
14 Terms and conditions apply. Please check respective Telecommunication Operators’ websites for details.
15 Provided by Brightstar Logistics Pte Ltd as an independent third party.
16 See www.samsung.com/sg/tradeup for the full list of eligible trade-in devices and their respective trade-in values. Trade-in value may vary, depending on the device condition. Samsung reserves the right to amend the list of eligible devices and their
trade-in values at any time without prior notice.
17 Selected trade-in models only. Terms & conditions apply, see www.samsung.com/sg/tradeup.
18 In-store discount is only available at the point of purchase of Galaxy Note9 at any of the stated Samsung Experience Stores. Any request for such discount after purchase of the Galaxy Note9 has been completed, will not be entertained in-store. Consumers who wish to trade-in their old device after purchasing the Galaxy Note9 will only be able to do so via the Samsung
Trade Up (SG) app.
19 Available for download from Google PlayTM and Apple Store.
20 Terms & conditions apply, learn more at www.samsung.com/sg/samsungconcierge.
21 Valid for purchase within 14 days from date of device purchase.
22 Default resolution is Full HD+ and can be changed to Quad HD+ (WQHD+) in Settings.
23 Support for LAA will be regulatory dependent.
24 Galileo and BeiDou coverage may be limited.
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Google Play, Android, YouTube and other Google marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google LLC. Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc. All other company, product and service names mentioned herein are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the respective owners.