Technology is the driving force behind JR Group’s various innovations in providing revolutionary food solutions to businesses and consumers. This includes embracing cutting-edge production techniques, information technology, and adopting the latest hardware and software. JR Group is committed to delivering product excellence so as to stay relevant to the changing needs and lifestyles of modern society.
“Since our establishment in 2001 as an early pioneer in ready-meals production, we have constantly pursued new technologies and innovations to provide safe, fresh and tasty convenient foods to consumers without compromising on natural taste and flavor, health, nutrition and convenience”, says Ms Jocelyn Chng, Group CEO of the JR Group of Companies.
During Food and Hotel Asia (FHA) 2018, JR Group will be showcasing its brand-new technologies, innovations, food concepts and products.
- JR Group uses cook-chill and cook-freeze cutting-edge production technology to produce its range of quality ready-meals. This process seals in the nutrients, thus ensuring optimum quality, taste and freshness of its foods. No added preservatives, additives or artificial flavorings are used to enhance its taste or flavor. This production process is committed to ensuring quality consistency and food safety in compliance with the prerequisites of its ISO 22000 and SS590 HACCP certifications. From research and development, efficient processes, and manufacturing techniques, to product and application technologies, the company is focused in providing top-quality food solution services to its partners and customers.
- Digital application of real-time data analytics in all our vending machines for summarizing operation data, sales and inventory analysis, production planning and video streaming analysis. The real time database allows JR Vending to effectively perform the functions of:
- Demand Prediction
- Assortment planning
- Seasonality analysis
With video analytics, we can analyse consumer purchasing and social behaviour at the point of sale. Combined with transaction data, this helps us to achieve better demand forecasting accuracy and effectiveness of assortment optimization.
- Implementing AI and AR technology into our vending machines will further improve customer service and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Chef-in-Box vending machines are the first in Singapore to offer 100% cashless payment modes through Android Pay, Ali Pay, NETspay, WeChat Pay and all contactless MasterCard and Visa Credit cards.
- Introducing Chef-in-Box Hot Food SMART Vending Machines. JR Foods is the first in Singapore to deliver hot and tasty meals within 3 minutes to its customers from its vending machines. The Chef-in-Box machine is an intelligent machine with a fuss-free cash or cashless payment facility; operating on a trouble-shooting telemetry system and remote stock management. This ensures freshness as the food can be replenished daily, and the stocks are refilled promptly.
- From operating standalone vending machines since 2008, JR Group made the bold move of launching VENDCAFE in August 2016. VENDCAFE is a revolutionary concept, the world’s first unmanned café comprising a cluster of vending machines, presented in a neat and modern format and dispensing a comprehensive menu of hot meals, snacks and beverages. Supported by an array of advanced digital real-time technologies, Chef-in-Box VENDCAFE has revolutionised the convenient, Grab-and-Go food sector to cater to changing lifestyle and consumer behaviour.
- The launch of new SMART vending and dispensing machines. These include:
- A coffee machine which offers freshly brewed coffee such as latte, cappuccino, Americano and many more. The cuppas are brewed with real coffee beans that have been specially customised for Chef-in-Box. The beans are freshly ground in the machine, and patrons can choose to customise sugar level, caffeine strength and coffee temperature according to their preferences.
- A vending machine dispensing whole, fresh coconut. You can enjoy the fresh coconut juice straight from the husk at all times of the day.
- Self-service chiller refrigerator for displaying and dispensing chilled comestibles, including ready meals, snacks, and desserts. The chiller uses a SMART technology to identify and track a productonce it has been taken out of the fridge, effectively streamlining the payment process. Ideal for placement in small spaces in corporate offices, pantries and staff cafeterias.
NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH
Chef-in-Box “World Chef Series” (CIBWCS) will officially launched its range of premium menu items. CIBWCS is curated and endorsed by a panel of internationally renowned chefs, offering Indian, Thai and Korean dishes. All ingredients, especially the herbs and spices used are imported, and specified by the respective Chef to ensure the dishes are as authentic as they can be.
“Singapore is a food paradise, and here is where one can find a diverse range of international cuisines. Our aim is to provide a comprehensive line-up of cuisines that reflects this diversity, including premium quality meals”, says Tony Chng, Director and Chief Operating Officer of the JR Group.
CIBWCS current panel of renowned chefs are:
- Chef Satish Arora – Affectionately named The Godfather of Indian Cuisines and inducted in the Indian Culinary Association’s Hall of Fame
- Chef Jeeraphon Ritthep – Gold Medal Award Winner of World Gourmet Master Chefs Championship,2016 in Hong Kong
- Chef Kim Dong Suk – Korea’s multi-award chef and a Jury Member of World Association of Cooks Society (WACS)
All three chefs have served royalties, dignitaries and top political leaders in India, United Kingdom, United States, South Korea and Thailand.
CHEF-IN-BOX VENDCAFÉ OUTLETS
CHEF-IN-BOX VENDCAFÉ ANCHORVALE
Address: #01-K1, 320C Anchorvale Drive, Singapore 543320
CHEF-IN-BOX VENDCAFÉ ANG MO KIO
Address: #01-01, Ang Mo Kio MRT, 2450 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8, Singapore 569811 (near taxi stand along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8)
CHEF-IN-BOX VENDCAFÉ LAKESIDE
Address: #01-06, Lakeside MRT, 201 Boon Lay Way, Singapore 649845
CHEF-IN-BOX VENDCAFÉ PASIR RIS
Address: #01-K1, 766 Pasir Ris St 71, Singapore 510766
CHEF-IN-BOX VENDCAFÉ RIVERVALE
Address: 136 Rivervale Street, Singapore 540136
CHEF-IN-BOX SUNTEC CONVENTION CENTRE
Address: Level 3, Suntec Convention Centre, 1 Raffles Boulevard, Suntec City, 039593
Opening Hours: All VendCafés operate 24/7 except for the outlets at Ang Mo Kio and Lakeside MRT.
Official Hashtag: #chefinboxsg #vendcafesg