Xiaomi revealed a series of cutting-edge products across key brands, as well as technology updates in robotics and smart vehicle development. The announcements, made by Lei Jun, Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Xiaomi, include its advanced foldable flagship smartphone, Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 (currently available only in China).
Xiaomi also officially revealed the development status of Xiaomi Pilot Technology at the event, its first R&D and staffing update since announcing its entry into the smart electric vehicle segment in March 2021. CyberOne, Xiaomi’s first humanoid robot, debuted at the company’s new product launch event in Beijing on August 11, alongside other innovative products.
Key highlights from the announcement are:
- The Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 is a giant technological leap in the ultra-slim foldable smartphone space that offers a consistent viewing experience on both its inner and outer displays. It delivers an authentic Leica imagery experience and outstanding power efficiency with the latest Snapdragon® 8+ Gen 1 mobile platform.
- In addition to Xiaomi MIX Fold 2, Xiaomi also announced Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro, Redmi K50 Ultra, and a host of ecosystem products.
- Xiaomi plans to invest RMB 3.3 billion in the first R&D phase of its autonomous driving technology, and has established a sizable R&D team of more than 500 world-class professionals. By the end of the year, the team is expected to continue to grow to more than 600 members.
- Xiaomi plans to create a fleet of 140 test vehicles in the first phase of its autonomous driving technology development. They will be tested individually nationwide, with an aim of becoming an industry leader in the smart EV industry in 2024.
- As the newest member of Xiaomi’s Cyber series, joining last year’s quadruped robot Cyberdog, CyberOne is fitted with advanced arms and legs, supports bipedal-motion posture balancing, and reaches a peak torque of up to 300Nm. It has ability to detect human emotion, advanced vision capabilities, and functionality allowing it to create three-dimensional virtual reconstructions of the real world, alongside a host of other advanced technologies.