HUAWEI’s new MateBook 14s ultra-lightweight design and powerful performance
Huawei launched two new additions – the HUAWEI MateBook 14s and HUAWEI Matebook D 15 2021 edition – to its line-up of laptops designed for smart productivity and portability.
HUAWEI MateBook 14s in Space Gray.
With a generous 14.2-inch display in a lightweight 1.43kg body, the HUAWEI MateBook 14s is steeped in the MateBook DNA, combining aesthetic design, innovative features, and smart experience. It features a 2.5K touch HUAWEI FullView Display with a productivity-friendly aspect ratio of 3:2, paired with HUAWEI SOUND® support and quad speakers with tweeters and woofers to create an engaging audio-visual experience for both business and pleasure.
With its 60Wh high-capacity battery that can support approximately 13 hours of continuous 1080p local video playback, coupled with a pocketable 90W power adapter that can work for up to 3 hours on a 15-minute charge, mobile workers can bid farewell to low-battery anxiety and focus on productivity. Powered by the new 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-11370H processor running at the standard voltage for fast and smooth performance.
The HUAWEI MateBook 14s’ design is understated yet premium. Featuring fine edges on each side, the new laptop offers a comfortable grip when holding it in your hands. The HUAWEI MateBook 14s is very portable, weighing approx.1.43kg.
VISUALS AND AUDIO
For use in work or leisure, the HUAWEI MateBook 14s offers an immersive viewing experience with Huawei’s signature FullView Display. The 2520 x 1680, 213 ppi display not only supports a maximum brightness of 400 nits and a contrast ratio of 1500:1, but it can also render 1.07 million colours with support for 100% sRGB colour gamut, presenting your documents and assets in vibrant details and high clarity. The touch support lets you handle tasks even more efficiently, while a 90Hz display refresh rate enables a smoother browsing experience for
you. To provide all-encompassing productivity features, the new laptop is equipped with four speakers powered by HUAWEI SOUND®, as well as four microphones and Personal Voice Enhancement technology to let you hear and be heard clearly.
Powered by the 11th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, the HUAWEI MateBook 14s is a powerhouse that enables you to handle intensive tasks and multi-tasking needs. The new HUAWEI Shark fin cooling system improves heat dissipation and lower fan noise. Connectivity is Wi-Fi 6. The upgraded 60Wh battery supports fast charging, keeping the device on for
long periods of time without the help of a power adaptor. Wide-ranging ports including a
Thunderbolt 4 port are provided so you can flexibility expand its capabilities. While we appreciate the Thunderbolt 4 port, we feel it could be better with a RJ45 network port, and one more USB A port. By using the ethernet RJ45 port, internet speed is faster compared to WIFI. Two build-in USB A ports will cater to mouse and keyboard, especially those who want to use their mechanical keyboard and RGB Gaming mouse.
HUAWEI SMART EXPERIENCE
On HUAWEI MateBook 14s, the cross-device experience is further upgraded. It supports Multi-screen Collaboration with a smartphone, a tablet, a display, earphones, a mouse, speakers and printers to offer an even smarter experience. Thanks to the updated PC Manager, you can manage all connected devices with ease.
A great companion at work, the HUAWEI MateBook 14s is packed with smart and considerate features that make your life easier. The Fingerprint Power Button takes you straight to your desktop securely after you power on the device. The improved full-size keyboard offers 1.5mm key travel, durable keycaps and Soft-landing Design for a better typing experience.
BRIGHT, VIBRANT DISPLAY
The display of HUAWEI MateBook 14s supports a 2.5K resolution (2520×1680) and superb pixel density at 213 ppi for showing off even the most minute detail. Whether you’re looking at high- res images or watching a high-res video, content comes to life vibrantly thanks to the display’s support for 100% of the sRGB colour space, 1500:1 contrast ratio and a peak brightness of 400 nits. When turning on the laptop for the first time, please leave the default settings unchanged
in “Display Settings” for high colour accuracy outcomes. Even if the system is reinstalled, the colour accuracy settings can be reset by downloading Huawei’s PC Manager.
90HZ REFRESH RATE
With support for up to 90Hz display refresh rate, HUAWEI MateBook 14s delivers smoother images, more natural motions, as well as clearer content. By pressing the Fn+R keys simultaneously, it can switch to a lower refresh rate, 60Hz, for a more balanced, power-saving performance4. Together with Intel’s Display Refresh Rate Switching, the laptop will intelligently switch to a lower refresh rate in full-screen video or standby mode, reaching a good balance of battery level and smooth pictures.
TOUCH SCREEN SUPPORT
This high-quality screen features high transmittance, great refractiveness, as well as tolerance to corrosion, temperature and yellowing effects. Together with the 10-point multi-touch support, HUAWEI MateBook 14s gives you smartphone-like convenience, especially when handling tasks on apps or in Multi-screen Collaboration.
In addition to showing content in high clarity and vibrancy, the laptop provides a hardware solution to filter out blue light with wavelengths between 415nm and 455nm, which is harmful to eyes. It has passed the TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light (Hardware Solution) Certification. Compared to a traditional software-level solution, it not only requires no manual settings, but it also enables the display to reproduce authentic colours without yellow tint. The display has also obtained the TÜV Rheinland Flicker Free Certification, helping you alleviate eye fatigue and thus protect your eyes, especially over a long session.
The new laptop also comes loaded with a light sensor. Whether you are watching videos with lights off or working in a dimly lit environment, it can perceive the ambient light and adjust to a proper brightness level accordingly.
HUAWEI MateBook 14s comes equipped with a quad-speaker sound system consisting of two tweeters and two woofers. The woofers have a capacity of up to 4.0cc and have a maximum amplitude of 0.5mm, which enables them to produce powerful bass. Each of the standalone tweeters supports a maximum frequency of 15KHz for the accurate reproduction of exquisite trembles that do not crack even when playing some of the higher frequency sounds. On top of the powerful speakers, the notebook also employs the powerful Sound Field Reproduction that amplifies the various sound channels based on hardware to create enveloping virtual surround sound. Offering four pre-set audio modes, HUAWEI MateBook 14s lets you improve easily improve your experiences when listening to music, playing games, watching films and having a call.
CLEAR SOUND PICKUP
HUAWEI MateBook 14s features a quad-mic setup that is placed along the edges of the laptop, which supports sound pick-up from sources up to five metres away from the device. Besides the powerful mic array, the notebook supports Huawei’s sound pick-up algorithms to address reverberation, as well as minimise the effect that the diminishing volume of vocals has on the recording. With this solution, you and your co-workers around you will be clearly heard, even you are in a 20-30m conference room having a conference call.
Huawei’s Personal Voice Enhancement technology makes its debut on HUAWEI MateBook 14s. It analyses your voice fingerprint and leverages the learnings of the AI models to isolate and boost your vocals when speaking into the mic, all the while minimising the vocals from those that are not. This feature helps make sure you are heard loud and clear in meetings, even if you were in populated areas such as the office, café or on the commute.
11TH GENERATION PROCESSORS
Despite its slim chassis, HUAWEI MateBook 14s is a performance powerhouse. Powered by the new 11th Generation Intel® Core™ processors running at standard voltage, HUAWEI MateBook14s offers up to i7-11370H. It also features the integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and thus it can easily handle complex graphic design work. By pressing the Fn+P shortcut, you can enable the Performance Mode, which boosts the CPU TDP to 45W, and gain the extra computing power needed for multi-tasking. The notebook provides incredible read and write speeds thanks to the 16GB LPDDR4x dual-channel RAM, along with the support for up to 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD. Combined, it lets you store and compress files more efficiently, thus improving productivity at work.
UPDATED COOLING SYSTEM
To harness its full potential, the HUAWEI MateBook 14s houses an updated cooling system. First of all, the HUAWEI Shark fin fan has more than 79 ultra-slim, s-shaped fins, which also helps improve airflow. Another improvement involves two all-new 8mm thick heat pipes forming
a “wing-shaped” design for even cooling. Besides, it includes an additional inlet along the hinges that allows both sides of the fans to have adequate air and increases the volume of air intake. It is also quieter thanks to the efforts of Huawei’ engineers. The new HUAWEI MateBook 14s has silent fans that operate with a prominence ratio of below 5dB. In everyday office usage scenarios, the fans emit only 25dB of noise – equal to that of whispers – so you can focus more easily on the task at hand.
FASTER PERFORMANCE WITH WI-FI 6
The HUAWEI MateBook 14s retains the 2×2 MIMO dual-antenna design and features a Wi-Fi6 network interface card. Coupled with a Wi-Fi 6 router, the laptop supports theoretical transfer speeds of up to 2.4Gbps, giving users a fast yet stable internet surfing experience.
BATTERY LIFE AND SUPERCHARGE
To provide a longer battery life, HUAWEI MateBook 14s comes with a high capacity 60Wh battery (rated value). With it, the laptop supports 13 hours of continuous 1080p video playback, which lets you fully immerse yourselves in productivity tasks for an extended period of time. The pocketable 90W power adapter supports fast charging for the laptop and provides enough battery for 3 hours of productivity with just 15 minutes of charging time. The power adapter also supports HUAWEI SuperCharge when it’s connected to certain Huawei smartphones or tablets with a USB-C port. The versatile power adapter makes packing for travels a lot less hectic and with it. You’ll no longer have to worry about devices running out of battery on a trip.
MORE PORTS, MORE POWERFUL
One of the benefits of using a PC over a smartphone is the number of peripherals you can connect to it. HUAWEI MateBook 14s includes two full-featured USB-C ports, a USB3.2 Gen 1 port, a 3.5 mm audio jack and a HDMI port. The highest edition is even equipped with a Thunderbolt 4 port.
PC-smartphone Multi-screen Collaboration
HUAWEI MateBook 14s supports PC-smartphone Multi-screen Collaboration, which creates a synergistic relationship that enables the smartphone to gain access to the PC’s peripherals. Meanwhile, the smartphone can make use of the laptop’s mature office app ecosystem for a more efficient cross-device collaboration as well as an unprecedented smart productivity experience. Once connected, you can handle smartphone tasks seamlessly on the laptop, as well as transferring data between devices and handling collaborative tasks efficiently. You no longer need to switch between two devices repeatedly, just focus on one screen to use both devices flexibly. With a simple tap, the HUAWEI MateBook 14s can be connected with a Huawei smartphone to enable cross-platform collaboration for real-time interaction.
• When the connection is established, the smartphone interface will be displayed on the laptop screen, meaning that the user can use two systems within one screen. The user not only can control the smartphone on the laptop side, but also get access to the rich app ecosystem through a laptop.
• On top of that, files can be shared between two devices by a simple drag-and-drop or a tap. This lets the user easily view, edit and share files, images and text on both sides. What’s more, content can be directly copied and pasted between two devices, which is straightforward and easy-to-use.
• Peripherals such as a mouse and keyboard can be used to control the smartphone, so the user can work on both devices directly from one device.
• Answer audio and video calls on laptop: Users can use the laptop to answer audio and video calls received on the smartphone. The laptop’s camera, microphone and speakers can be used as the external equipment for the smartphone, so the user is handsfree and therefore more efficient when multitasking.
• Edit mobile files with laptop software: Users can directly open and edit smartphone files on the laptop. This way, the laptop screen, keyboard and other equipment together makes file editing more efficient. After editing, the file can be directly saved on the phone locally.
• Open multiple mobile apps on a laptop: Users can open three mobile app windows on the large laptop display, with one primary and two secondary. This allows users to handle multiple tasks on one display, greatly improving efficiency and productivity. Common usage scenarios include comparing products from multiple shopping apps, cross-checking information between news apps, or attending an online class on one app and taking notes on the second, while discussing with classmates on the third one. Whether for study or work, the new Multi-screen Collaboration makes multitasking more efficient.
• Unlock the phone from PC: Users can unlock and control the smartphone from HUAWEI MateBook. Gesture password, numeric password and customised password are all supported.
• Distributed file management: A smartphone drive icon will appear in the Windows interface where the user can browse and control the documents as if they were using a D drive on a laptop.
PC-Tablet Multi-screen Collaboration
HUAWEI MateBook 14s supports PC-tablet Multi-screen Collaboration that turns a tablet into an external drawing device for a PC, so you can efficiently handle different tasks on both devices. The tablet can also access content and capabilities of the PC.
From documents to images and videos, you can share content across the devices with a simple drag-and-drop. While the tablet gives you access to wide-ranging apps and features, the PC delivers high performance, a larger viewing area and Multi-screen Collaboration. Combined, they help you stay productive at work and in everyday life.
To establish wireless connection:
1. Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on the laptop and tablet. Make sure the tablet screen is on
2. Open PC Manager and select My Device > My Tablet
3. Select Connect a Device, then select the table in the pop-up menu
4. Users will be prompted to key in the PIN when they are connecting to a new device. Input the PIN on the PC, select Trust this Device to finalise connection
5. For a first-time connection, the tablet will have a PIN popup. Input the PIN to the laptop confirmation screen, then choose Trust and the connection will be established (Connection will be automatically established in subsequent attempts and if the PC and tablet are having the same active HUAWEI ID)
6. Select the connection mode (Mirror Mode is selected by default)
To establish a wired connection:
When a tablet is connected to a PC via USB, a pop-up window will show up on the tablet screen. Select confirm on the prompt. Afterwards, a similar pop-up window will appear on the PC screen. Click confirm to finalise the connection.
PC-tablet Multi-screen collaboration use case:
1. Mirror Mode: The PC screen is projected to the tablet. Both devices are showing the same content.
• The tablet can leverage the PC’s high performance, while the PC can access the tablet’s stylus, truly complementing each other.
• For creative work, the tablet turns into a drawing pad. You can also use a stylus to draw lines or fill in colours with ease.
• When presenting content with another user, the tablet and PC can display the same content. Remarks made on one display will be updated on the other device as well.
2. Extend Mode: The PC display is extended to the tablet. Both devices show different content.
• The tablet serves as an external monitor for the PC where you can scroll and browse content.
• During online classes or meetings, you can use either the PC or tablet to launch the class/meeting, and take notes or do research on the other, significantly improving efficiency.
• When working from home, the tablet can be used as an external display for the PC if there’s no additional monitor around. It makes it easier for you to browse content and read news.
3. Collaborate Mode: Content can be shared across the PC and tablet with a drag-and- The tablet can leverage the PC’s keyboard and mouse.
• Supported file type: Images, videos, audio, documents (Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.), compressed files, app installer files and text files.
• With a simple drag-and-drop, files can be easily shared across the PC and tablet.
• Peripherals such as the PC’s mouse and the tablet’s stylus can be used together to boost productivity.
CONNECTING WITH HUAWEI MATEVIEW
You can connect the HUAWEI MateBook 14s to a HUAWEI MateView either wirelessly or with a cable to get a much larger screen to display all your work.
Both the monitor and HUAWEI MateBook support a 3:2 productivity aspect ratio, so there will be no letterboxing issues affecting the user experience in Mirror Mode or Extend Mode. Besides, these two displays support Huawei’s Cast+ protocol22, which enables safer, smoother and lower latency casting.
Safe connection with fast re-connecting: Access PC Manager, search for monitor under “My Device”. For security reasons, you will be prompted to input their six-digit PIN when attempting to establish a connection with a new device. Once connected, the HUAWEI MateBook 14s will see the HUAWEI MateView as a trusted device and enable Wireless Projection.
Low latency: Even when Wireless Projection is enabled, the output on both displays will remain smooth. In Mirror Mode, the latency is lower than 45ms, allowing both the picture and sound to remain in sync between the two devices.
2.5K FullView Display: HUAWEI MateBook 14s supports 2520×1680 high-resolution wireless projection in Mirror and Extend Mode. Picture quality remains high across two modes with sharp text and lots of details.
Support for reverse control: The monitor can be directly connected with a keyboard and
a mouse, and these accessories can be used to control the connected PC, tablet and other devices24. This turns wherever the user is a professional workstation for productivity.
The PC can be connected to a monitor and supports up to 4K+25 output via a USB-C cable, leveraging the bigger monitor display to show crystal-clear details. Meanwhile, the laptop can provide 65W26 reverse charging for other devices by using a USB-C cable, which means users don’t need additional chargers or cables, leaving the work desk tidy and clean.
The HUAWEI MateBook 14s can detect Bluetooth enabled devices nearby, such as a pair of HUAWEI FreeBuds 4, HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro earphones, HUAWEI Bluetooth Mouse (2nd Gen), HUAWEI Sound X and HUAWEI PixLab X1. A connection window will automatically pop up on the laptop screen and the connection can be established within a few clicks.
Updated PC Manager
The HUAWEI MateBook 14s can collaborate with a wider range of devices. If the “My Device”
section in the PC Manager is updated, you can manage connected devices more efficiently.
• Smartphone: Enable Multi-screen Collaboration and Hotspot sharing. Create backups for photos and videos stored in the Gallery.
• Tablet: Enable Mirror mode, Extend mode or Collaborate mode. Open and browse files saved on the tablet.
• Monitor: Enable Mirror mode and Extend mode.
• Printer: Check toner levels. Select Print, Copy or Scan for the file(s).
• Bluetooth mouse: Configure the scroll speed and pointer speed. Check the battery
In addition, PC Manager supports Huawei Share, which means you can send files across
different devices without using a data cable. You can quickly and easily share photos, videos
and other files between the laptop and a smartphone, a tablet and other devices.
In Summary, we recommend this HUAWEI new MateBook 14s for its high-performance feature like the powerful processor, fast and large capacity SSD, 16GB RAM build-in, WIFI6 and ultra-portable lightweight, battery capacity. It feels very solid and has a super high-quality screen, furthermore, it is a touch screen panel. Other than being limited in the number of ports, it has all the high-end features a laptop buyer is looking for.
|HUAWEI MateBook 14s|
|Appearance||● Dimensions: 313.82mm x 229.76mm x 16.7mm
● Weight: Approximately 1.43kg
● Colour: Space Grey
|Display||● Size: 14.2 inches
● Type: LTPS
● Bezels: 4.4mm (Left/Right), 6.3mm (Top)
● Screen-to-body ratio: 90%
● Resolution: 2520×1680, 213PPI
● Aspect ratio: 3:2
● Maximum opening angle: 150 degrees
● Viewing angle: 178 degrees (Typical)
● Colour gamut: sRGB 100% colour gamut (Typical)
● Contrast: 1500:1(Typical)
● Maximum Brightness: 400nits (Typical)
● Touchscreen: Supported
● Eye Comfort: TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light (Hardware solution) certification and Flicker-Free certification
|Operating system||● Windows 10 Home (Free upgrade to Windows 11* when available, see below)
*Upgrade rollout plan is being finalized. Specific timing will vary by country. Certain features require specific hardware. For more details, please visit https://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-11-specifications/
|Processor||● Intel® Core™ i7-11370H Processor|
|Integrated graphics||● Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics|
|Memory||● 16 GB LPDDR4x Dual Channel|
|Hard drive||● 512 GB NVMe PCIe SSD|
Frequency band: 2.4GHz and 5GHz
2×2 MIMO, Wi-Fi 6
Support WPA/WPA2/WPA3, 2.4 Gbps
|Ports||● USB-C x 2 (support data, charging and DisplayPort)
● USB3.2 Gen1 x 1
● HDMI x 1
● 3.5 mm headset and microphone 2-in-1 jack x 1
Front camera: 720P HD
Speaker x 4
Microphone x 4
|Input device||● Keyboard
1.5mm key travel
Size: 120.2mm x 72.2mm
Support 5-point multi-touch(Window 10 supports 4 point only)
|Battery and charging||● 60Wh battery (Rated Capacity)
Approx. 13 hours of continuous 1080p local video playback (According to tests conducted by Huawei in Huawei’s laboratory environment.)
● HUAWEI USB-C Power Adapter 65W
Input: 100 V–240 V AC, 50/60Hz
Output: 5V/2A, 9V/2A,12V/2A, 15V/3A, 20V/3.25A
Support multiple output modes, and fast charge for different devices, and HUAWEI SuperCharge™ for Huawei certain phones
|Featured software||● Huawei Share
● HUAWEI PC Manager
● Display Manager (Eye Comfort Mode)
● Huawei factory reset
● Link Now
|In-the-box||● PC x 1
● HUAWEI USB-C Power Adapter x 1
● USB-C Cable x 1
● Quick Start Guide x 1
● Warranty card x 1
|Optional accessories||● HUAWEI Bluetooth Mouse|
|● HUAWEI MateDock 2 ● HUAWEI MateDock 3
● USB-C to USB-A conversion cable
● HUAWEI Classic Backpack
● HUAWEI Leather case
|HUAWEI MateBook D 15 2021 Edition|
|Appearance||● Dimensions: 357.8 mm x 229.9 mm x 16.9 mm
● Weight: Approximately 1.56kg
● Colour: Mystic Silver
|Display||● Size: 15.6 inches
● Type: IPS
● Screen-to-body ratio: 87%
● Resolution: 1920 x 1080
● Aspect ratio: 16:9
● Viewing angle: 178 degrees
● Contrast: 800:1(Typical)
● Maximum Brightness: 250nits (Typical)
● Eye Comfort: TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light (Hardware solution) certification and Flicker-Free certification
|Operating system||● Windows 10 Home|
|Processor||● 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7|
|Integrated graphics||● Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics|
|Memory||● 8 GB DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel|
|Hard drive||● 512 GB NVMe PCle SSD|
|Connectivity||● IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax,160 MHz
● 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
● 2 x 2 MIMO
● Bluetooth 5.1
|Ports and buttons||● USB 3.2 Gen1 x 1
● USB 2.0 x 2
● USB-C x 1
● HDMI x 1
● 3.5 mm headset and microphone 2-in-1 jack x 1
|Multimedia||● 720P HD Recessed Camera|
|● Video Recording/Video Chat
● Speaker x 2 (2 W)
● Microphone x 2
|Battery and charging||● 42 Wh (rated capacity)|
|Featured software||● HUAWEI PC Manager
● Monitor Manager (Eye comfort mode)
● HUAWEI Factory Reset
● Performance Mode (Hot Key : Fn + P)
|In-the-box||● HUAWEI MateBook D 15 x1
● HUAWEI USB-C AC Adapter x1
● Adapter Cable (USB-C) x1
● QSG x1
 Data from Huawei labs. Product tested was placed on sleep mode and charged for 15 minutes with the stock 65W power adapter from 2% battery. Use time data is based on the PCMark 10 Modern Office test. Actual experience may vary by manufacturing tolerance, user habits and environmental factors. For reference only.
 The actual product weight may vary according to the product’s configuration, manufacturing techniques, and calculation methods. 3 The thickness does not include the foot pads and the actual product thickness may vary.