KEF announced LSX, a compact two-speaker wireless music system with all the convenience and connectivity of the connected world, but with the emotion and detail of true high-resolution stereo. LSX is fully wireless, both from source and between the speakers and will feature Apple AirPlay® 2 technology enabling multi-room streaming from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac in early 2019.
LSX follows the award-winning LS50 Wireless, and shares much of the cutting-edge acoustic engineering that has made that product famous within the audio community. It features KEF’s Uni-Q® driver array, a signature innovation that radically improves stereo imaging and does so across a much wider listening area.
This combines with KEF’s highly advanced trademark-pending Music Integrity Engine™, a cutting-edge collection of bespoke Digital Signal Processing algorithms that ensure accurate time alignment and phase coherence. The result is that while LSX is small enough to sit on shelves, desktops or flank a TV, it offers a massive and deep sound field which completely belies its size.
LSX’s gently curved cabinet was designed with extensive use of Finite Element Analysis and is extensively braced, as well as featuring constrained layer damping as found in KEF’s high-end products. Continuing KEF’s long tradition of design collaboration, LSX was overseen by designer Michael Young who has created a masterpiece of understated elegance. LSX comes with in a choice of five colours – Black, Blue, Maroon and Olive – which are clad in a luxury fabric by Danish textile manufacturer Kvadrat – and a striking Gloss White.
LSX integrates with Spotify®, Apple Music® and TIDAL® and can also access music stored on a networked hard drive or PC via DLNA®. It also features Bluetooth™ 4.2 connectivity. Its two-box form factor make LSX perfect for music and TV, for which it features both TOSLINK® optical and Auxiliary inputs.
LSX can be set-up in minutes using the KEF’s Control app, which also manages feature updates via simple over-the-air downloads.
With Spotify Connect (available in November 2018) built in, music lovers can stream Spotify’s entire library directly from the cloud. Streaming is never interrupted, so users can watch videos, play games, answer phone calls and more, all without causing pauses or interruptions to the music, even as the listener leaves the room or goes out of range.
Compact, effortless to operate, and with connectivity options to satisfy both music streaming and TV needs, LSX is a major step forward in the quest to deliver true and proper sound quality for connected consumers.
KEF LSX Wireless Music System
- Acoustic design with 4″ Uni-Q driver; FEA designed cabinet with hidden heat-sink
- KEF’s dedicated time correcting Music Integrity Engine™
- 2 x 30W + 2 x 70W Class D amplifiers
- Adjustable EQ settings via KEF Control App
- Dedicated apps for iOS and Android™
- Proprietary wireless inter-speaker connection supports 48kHz/24bit; optional wired connection supports 96kHz/24bit transmission
- Supports source files up to 192kHz/24bit
- 4GHz/5GHz Dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity (DLNA/uPNP™)
- Apple AirPlay 2 (available in early 2019 via firmware update)
- Spotify Connect (available in November 2018 via firmware update)
- TIDAL Music (via KEF Stream app)
- Roon Tested
- Bluetooth 4.2 with Qualcomm® aptX™ codec
- Optical input (TOSLINK) AUX input
- Subwoofer output
- Mounting insert for supporting wall-mount
- Supports third party programmable remote controls
- Supports IP Control
- Available in: Maroon, Blue, Gloss White, Black and Olive
Availability: From 8th Nov onwards
KEF Store: #01-18/19, The Adelphi, 1 Coleman St, Singapore 179803, +65 6338 7011
Also available at:
- Stereo outlets – Westgate, Vivocity & Plaza Singapura
- Analogue outlets – CK Tangs, Robinsons & Vivocity
- Online now at Lazada & Qoo10, at Krisshop from December onward
Suggested Retail Price: SGD$1,899
For more details: please visit http://www.kef.com