Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. introduces the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, the smartphones that reimagine the way people communicate, share and experience the world. Made for an age in which consumers increasingly communicate and express themselves more with images, videos and emojis, the Galaxy S9 and S9+ drive innovation with Samsung’s advanced camera. Redesigned with a new Dual Aperture lens that powers an innovative low light camera, Super Slow-mo video capabilities and personalized AR Emoji, the Galaxy S9 and S9+ ensure users do not miss a moment and make their every day epic.
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ deliver an enhanced entertainment experience with powerful stereo speakers tuned by AKG, immersive audio with Dolby Atmos® and a refined edge-to-edge Infinity Display1 – a key staple in Samsung’s design heritage. In addition, the Galaxy S9 and S9+ will come with the new SmartThings app, which unites Samsung’s existing IoT services into one single, smart experience.
“The way we use our smartphones has changed as communication and self-expression has evolved,” said DJ Koh, president and Head of IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics. “With the Galaxy S9 and S9+, we have reimagined the smartphone camera. Not only do the Galaxy S9 and S9+ enable consumers to shoot great photos and videos anywhere, it’s a smartphone that’s designed to help them connect to others and express themselves in a way that’s unique and personal to them.”
Today’s cameras are for more than taking pictures – they’re for connecting and communicating. Consumers want a smartphone camera with state-of-the-art technology, so they can express themselves with high-quality images and tools to tell their own, unique story. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ cameras are built with these consumers in mind, with a Super Speed Dual Pixel sensor with dedicated processing power and memory to take amazing shots with high photo quality. The Galaxy S9 and S9+’s camera features include:
- Super Slow-mo: Make everyday moments epic with dynamic, slow-motion video that captures
960 frames per second. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ also offer automatic Motion Detection, an intelligent feature that detects movement in the frame and automatically begins to record – all users have to do is set up the shot. After capturing the Super Slow-mo video, users can select background music from 35 different options or add a tune from their favorite playlist. Users can also easily create, edit and share GIF files with a simple tap in three playful styles of looping to watch the action over and over again.
- Low Light Camera: Good lighting is the secret to any great photo. But often, photos are taken in less-than-ideal lighting conditions and most smartphone cameras have a fixed aperture that can’t adjust to low or bright lighting environments resulting in grainy or washed out pictures. Similar to the way the iris of a human eye expands and contracts, Samsung’s Dual Aperture2 (F1.5 / F2.4) automatically lets in more light when it’s dark and less light when it’s too bright, taking photos that are crisp and clear.
- AR Emoji: Samsung lets users create an emoji that looks, sounds and acts like them. AR Emoji uses a data-based machine learning algorithm, which analyzes a 2D image of the user and maps out more than 100 facial features to create a 3D model that reflects and imitates expressions, like winks and nods, for true personalization. AR Emoji shares users’ real-life emotions not only in video but also with a range of stickers and uses a standard AGIF file format so users can share their emojis across most third-party messaging platforms.
- Bixby: Samsung’s intelligence platform, integrated into the camera, uses augmented reality and deep learning technologies to provide helpful information about a user’s surroundings3. With real-time object detection and recognition, Bixby instantly generates information directly on top of the image that the camera is pointing at. Users can translate foreign languages and currency in real time with Live Translation, learn about their surroundings, purchase products seen in the real world and track calories throughout the day4.
Smartphones are often our go-to choice for entertainment, which is why Samsung created a device that offers premium sound experiences with stereo speakers tuned by AKG. Whether users are watching their favorite movie or streaming their favorite artist’s latest album, sounds are clear, crisp and rich in quality. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ also support Dolby Atmos, giving the effect of 360-degree sound.
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ audio experience is complemented by Samsung’s revolutionary Infinity Display. First introduced on the Galaxy S8, the bold, bright Super AMOLED Infinity Display blends right into the phone with virtually no distracting notches. With adaptive contrast enhancement, users can use their device even in direct sunlight.
A Device that Fits with the Connected Lifestyle
As the first smartphone to support the new SmartThings app, the Galaxy S9 and S9+ are the central hub to manage every facet of the connected lifestyle at home, at the office or on the go. The SmartThings app will be introduced with the Galaxy S9 and S9+ and will connect to other Samsung and non-Samsung devices.
For those constantly on the move, the next-generation Samsung DeX empowers a mobile lifestyle by bringing a large, full-screen experience to the mobile handset. With the DeX Pad, a new docking system, users can easily connect the Galaxy S9 and S9+ to a larger monitor, keyboard and mouse to expand the mobile experience with enhanced document editing or even full-screen gaming5. Users can also transform the Galaxy S9 and S9+ into a Touch Pad with the DeX Pad6.
The Best Comes Standard with the Galaxy Foundation
Samsung sets the gold standard for smartphones with IP687 water and dust resistance and wireless charging and goes a step beyond with the Galaxy S9 and S9+. The devices now support expandable memory of up to 400GB with a Micro SD Card and are equipped with the latest premium application processors offering powerful performance and sophisticated image processing.
In addition, the Galaxy S9 and S9+ give users the peace of mind knowing that their phone is protected by Knox 3.1, Samsung’s latest defense-grade security platform. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ support three different biometric authentication options – iris, fingerprint, and facial recognition – so users can choose the way they want to protect their device and applications. The devices feature Intelligent Scan, a new verification that intelligently uses the collective strength of iris scanning and facial recognition technology to quickly and conveniently unlock a user’s phone in various situations. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ also introduce Dedicated Fingerprint, giving users the option to use a different fingerprint to access Secure Folder than the one used to unlock the phone.
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ take health to the next level with an improved optical sensor built directly into the device, providing richer, more accurate information on users’ health status. This sensor allows the Galaxy S9 and S9+ to keep track of users’ Heart Load Factor, a new measurement of the real-time demand placed on the heart8.
Pre-Order and Registration of Interest
Pre-Order at Telecommunications Operators
Pre-Order/ Registration of interest1 with telecommunication operators for the Galaxy S9 and S9+ will commence from 1 March 2018, Thursday, 12pm. Consumers can visit the following URLs for more information:
Pre-Order at Samsung Store Online/ Samsung Experience Stores
Consumers can also pre-order their Galaxy S9 and S9+ (without contract) via the Samsung Store online (http://www.samsung.com/sg/smartphones/galaxy-s9/shop/) from 1 March 2018, Thursday,
12pm or visit the following Samsung Experience Stores during opening hours:
- Central: 313@somerset #B2-24/25/26 Tel: 6836 1809, Bugis Junction #01-54 Tel: 6338 7911, Chinatown Point #01-48 Tel: 6222 7911, Great World City #02-39 Tel: 6235 0985, Paragon #B1-27/27A Tel: 6735 5926, VivoCity #02-28/29 Tel: 6376 9150
- East: Bedok Mall #B1-07 Tel: 6785 1118, Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3 #02-23 Tel:6241 4125 (Open to transit and departing passengers only), Parkway Parade #03-30F Tel:6440 7969, Tampines Mall #02-29 Tel: 6782 9575
- North: Causeway Point #03-12 Tel: 6891 1011, nex #04-42 Tel: 6636 7392
- West: Jurong Point #B1-09/10/11 Tel: 6791 2272, Westgate #01-01 Tel: 6369 9175
- Galaxy Studio, Central Court A, VivoCity, Level 1 (from 8 March 2018 onwards)
Pre-order at Major Consumer Electronics & IT Stores and Lazada Singapore
Pre-order for the Galaxy S9 and S9+ will also be available online from 1 March 2018, Thursday,12pm at major consumer electronics & IT stores’ (Best Denki, Courts, Gain City, Hachi, Harvey Norman and Newstead) respective websites and Lazada Singapore. More information is available at the following URLs:
- Best Denki: https://www.bestdenki.com.sg/galaxys9
- Courts: https://www.courts.com.sg/galaxys9
- Gain City: https://www.gaincity.com/galaxys9
- Hachi: https://www.hachi.tech/galaxys9
- Harvey Norman: http://www.harveynorman.com.sg/galaxys9
- Lazada Singapore: https://ali.lazada.sg/wow/i/sg/SGCampaign/galaxys9
- Newstead: http://www.newstead.com.sg/galaxys9
All consumers who purchase Galaxy S9 or S9+ will be entitled to a complimentary Samsung Concierge Care Pack worth $128 and exclusive trade-in value for their eligible device of up to $6102 via the Samsung Trade Up (SG) app, upon full payment during collection of their Galaxy S9 or S9+ from 10 March 2018. Purchasers of Galaxy S9+ (256GB3) will also receive a Wireless Charger Stand (Black) worth $1084 during collection of their Galaxy S9+ (256GB3) upon full payment, on a while stocks last basis.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ will be available from 16 March 2018, at local telecommunication operators(M1, Singtel and StarHub), major consumer electronics & IT stores, Samsung Experience Stores and Lazada Singapore. The respective recommended retail prices for the devices are as follows:
|Model||Built-in Memory3||RRP (S$)|
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ will be available in Midnight Black, Coral Blue and Lilac Purple.
The following Galaxy S9 and S9+ accessories will also be available to complement the devices:
|Hyperknit Cover Protective Standing Cover Alcantara Cover||Gray, Red
Black, Blue, Mint, Red
|Clear View Standing Cover||Black, Blue, Purple, Gold||$78|
|LED View Cover||Black, Blue, Purple||$88|
|Wireless Charger Stand||Black, White||$108|
Samsung Trade Up: Hassle-Free Trade Up from the Comfort of Home
Samsung today announced its new Samsung Trade Up Programme (provided by Brightstar Logistics Pte Ltd), that gives users a new hassle-free way to trade-in their old device. Consumers can enjoy convenience and great trade-in values, all through the Samsung Trade Up (SG) app, without the need to leave their homes. Exclusively available in conjunction with the launch of the new Galaxy S9 and S9+ in Singapore, consumers who purchased Galaxy S9 or S9+ can trade-in their old eligible devices5 via the Samsung Trade Up (SG) app to receive an exclusive trade-in value of up to $6102. With Samsung Trade Up Programme, it is now easier for consumers to own the Galaxy S9 and S9+.
With the Samsung Trade Up Programme, customers can have ample time to ensure that their important data and content from their old device are successfully transferred to their brand new Galaxy S9 or S9+, from the comfort of home.
Samsung Trade Up Programme
Consumers who purchased a Galaxy S9 or S9+ can do a Samsung Trade Up in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Samsung Trade Up (SG) app on their old device5 (Available for download from 10 March 2018).
- Do a quick assessment using the Samsung Trade Up (SG) app to valuate their old device.
- Have the old device collected at their doorstep and receive the trade-in value via bank transfer.
Consumers can visit www.samsung.com/sg/tradeup to learn more about Samsung Trade Up Programme.
Consumers who wish to purchase the Galaxy S9 or S9+ without a mobile contract may choose to head to the following Samsung Experience Stores from 10 March 2018 to 30 April 2018 to enjoy the Samsung Trade Up Programme in store. Consumers’ old eligible device will be assessed on site and they will receive a discount amounting to the trade-in value from the purchase price of the Galaxy S9 or S9+6.
- 313@somerset (313 Orchard Road, #B2-24/25/26, Singapore 238895)
- Bedok Mall (311 New Upper Changi Road, #B1-07, Singapore 467360)
- Jurong Point (63 Jurong West Central 3, #B1-09/10, Singapore 648331)
- VivoCity (1 Harbourfront Walk, #02-28/29, Singapore 098585)
Samsung Concierge Care Pack
The refreshed Samsung Concierge Care Pack, has been updated with more value-added services to provide consumers peace of mind by keeping their Samsung Galaxy device in tip-top condition. The new Samsung Concierge Care Pack has been refreshed based on the needs of consumers and their valuable feedback towards continuously improving the relevance of Samsung’s services.
Samsung Concierge Care Pack (worth $128) is complimentary with every purchase of Samsung
Galaxy S9 and S9+, and is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase of the new device7.
- 1-to-1 Device Exchange within 30 days
Consumers can enjoy 1-to-1 exchange for functional defects within the first 30 days of their device purchase.
- 50% Savings for Out-of-warranty Repairs
Consumers can enjoy a one-time 50% savings on out-of-warranty repair such as cracked screen, liquid damage, cosmetic repair, and more.
- Service Support at Your Doorstep
Consumers can receive a one-time personalised assistance and repair right at their doorstep.
- 1-to-1 In-Box Accessories Exchange
Consumers can enjoy 1-to-1 exchange for eligible in-box accessories with functional failure.
- Diagnostic Device Checks
Consumers can keep their Samsung Galaxy device in tip-top condition with diagnostic device checks performed by our friendly Samsung Customer Service Consultants.
- Hassle-Free Data Transfer
Consumers can receive dedicated switching service using Samsung Smart Switch from
Samsung Customer Service Consultants.
Consumers who purchased the Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S8 and S8+ from 10 March 2018 onwards will also be able to purchase the Samsung Concierge Care Pack at a promotional price of $48 (usual price $128) at Samsung Experience Stores or the following authorised Samsung Customer Service Centres:
- Plaza Singapura (8 Orchard Road, #B2-23, Singapore 238839)
- Westgate (3 Gateway Drive, #02-01, Singapore 608532)
- VivoCity (1 Harbourfront Walk, #02-28/29, Singapore 098585)
Consumers can visit www.samsung.com/sg/samsungconcierge to learn more about Samsung Concierge.