The Mandarin Oriental, Taipei is a stunning luxury hotel that has quickly become one of the city’s favourite landmarks. With its iconic architecture reflecting European styles, this hotel is a visual feast for the eyes. Located on Dunhua North Road, one of Taipei’s most popular boulevards, Mandarin Oriental, Taipei offers guests a prime location for exploring the city.
The hotel boasts 256 guest rooms and 47 suites, each designed with classic inspiration and contemporary touches. These rooms are the most spacious in the city, ranging from 55 square meters, and are equipped with the latest technology, luxurious marble bathrooms, and walk-in closets. The Presidential Suite and Mandarin Suite, each almost 400 sqm, offer the ultimate in luxury, comfort, and indulgence with private vitality baths and gyms. Additionally, all suite guests can enjoy the exclusive Oriental Club.
The restaurants and bars at Mandarin Oriental, Taipei showcase innovative concepts and superlative cuisine in stylish and sophisticated settings. Café Un Deux Trois offers a selection of international favourites in a buffet style. Ya Ge, the one-Michelin-Starred Chinese restaurant, provides personalized service and a range of private rooms for entertaining. Bencotto, the Italian restaurant, serves authentic cuisine from a team of Italian chefs in a lively, atmospheric setting with a large open kitchen. The Mandarin Cake Shop is the place to go for the ultimate in fine patisserie, cakes, and pralines. The M.O. Bar serves an extensive range of cocktails and Champagnes, while The Jade Lounge is the perfect spot for afternoon tea.
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Taipei is the recipient of the Group’s awarding-winning spa concept with holistic signature treatments. The spacious spa offers 12 tranquil treatment rooms including four couples’ suites and two VIP suites, as well as a Fitness Centre and a 20-meter heated outdoor swimming pool.
For events, the hotel offers a versatile range of event spaces, including the Grand Ballroom, which can accommodate up to 1200 guests, and the Mandarin Ballroom, which can host up to 550 guests. The hotel’s dedicated wedding planners are also available to offer a highly personalized service for each couple.
Overall, Mandarin Oriental, Taipei is an ideal base for both business and leisure travellers looking to explore the vibrant city of Taipei. With its opulent ballrooms, a luxurious spa, and award-winning restaurants and bars, this hotel truly has it all.
INTERESTING FACTS of Mandarin Oriental, Taipei
• The hotel welcomes guests in grandeur and luxury with a magnificent 1,400-kg chandelier in the Lobby Entrance, which was exclusively designed by the talented Czech designer, Tafana Dvorakova. With a diameter of 4 metres and height of over 3.9 metres, this spectacular monumental piece that used a combination of 50,000 pieces of crystal beads and light amber crystal drops took over nine months to make from initial designs to installation.
• Mandarin Oriental, Taipei offers an extraordinary environment with beautiful European-inspired architecture complemented by elegant and tasteful interiors. More than 1,700 art pieces include works of art from renowned artists, stunning antiques, and sculptures designed by award-winning artists, such as Jae-Hyo Lee, Chan-Il Kim, and Wei Zhu, the world’s most renowned contemporary Chinese ink painter.
• The hotel houses Taiwan’s first spectacular wedding chapel, Grand Salon, accompanied by a romantic roof garden, which is the perfect venue for wedding ceremonies and social events.
• The 303 rooms and suites are the most spacious in the City, with luxury marble bathrooms and range from 55sq. m to 70sq. m. A stunning range of suites offers 86sq. m to 133sq. m of space, whilst the hotel houses the most luxurious Presidential Suite in Taiwan, with vast entertaining spaces and exquisite original art.
• Mandarin Oriental, Taipei has been awarded the Five-Star accolade in the annual ‘Oscars’ of the hotel industry: the Forbes Travel Guide Star Ratings in 2023. For the seventh consecutive year, Mandarin Oriental, Taipei remains the only hotel in Taiwan to be honoured with the exclusive Five-Star award. In addition, the hotel has been awarded as the winner of “Best Hotels in the Rest of Asia” and No.1 of the “Top 5 Hotels in Asia” by the prestigious Condé Nast Traveler 2022 Readers’ Choice Awards. Mandarin Oriental, Taipei is also the only hotel in Taiwan on the list of “Best Hotels in the World”, ranking No.17.