ION ORCHARD – POISED IN GRANDEUR THIS LUNAR NEW YEAR
ION Orchard ushers in the Lunar New Year ‘Poised in Grandeur’ and with a rich tapestry of experiences from now till 9 February 2020. Channeling the iconic Chinese blue and white porcelain, this year’s festivities are marked by an elegant charm. Shoppers and visitors will be able to enjoy auspicious lion dance performances, marvel at the calligraphy skills of a local artist as well as savour an array of traditional festive goodies. What’s more, the mall will be open on the first and second days of the Lunar New Year (25 and 26 January 2020)!
Adding on to the festive cheer, ION+ Rewards Members and American Express® Card Members can add an exclusive set of stylish red packets adorned with blue oriental prints, as well as a mandarin orange carrier to their collection with a minimum spend of S$80.
Nothing encapsulates the season quite like a lively lion dance and drums performance. Soak up the festive spirit and usher in this Lunar New Year with good luck and fortune by catching the performances, set to take place on 25 – 27 January, and 1, 2 and 8 February 2020 at the auspicious time of 3.08pm at Level 1 Atrium.
Those who are curious about what 2020 holds for them can visit the Spring Blossom Garden at B1 to learn more about their Chinese Zodiac sign and predictions for the New Year at curated panel displays. Adorned with vibrant red flowers and classy porcelain vases, the display makes for a perfect opportunity to gather friends and family for that mandatory festive Instagram shot!
Visitors at ION Orchard can keep their eyes peeled for the God of Fortune too, as he will be roving around the mall delivering good luck and fortune to all.
In true Lunar New Year fashion, shoppers can stand to receive a complimentary spring festive greeting designed by a local calligraphy artist from Lou Yong Calligraphy. Giving a personal touch to the experience, shoppers will even get to customise greetings to suit their fancy
Bundles of Blessings Seasonal Special Shows at ION Sky
The festive entertainment continues at ION Sky on Level 56. Visitors can witness new beginnings with a myriad of oriental charm with First Day of Spring, a seasonal multimedia show that will run from February to March 2020. The show will feature an oriental combination of flowers in full bloom characteristic of spring, coupled with traditional Chinese blue and white porcelain visuals.
In addition, visitors can catch Adventures in Food Wonderland by Ang Ku Kueh Girl® and Friends™, a new permanent digital projection lightshow launched in partnership with the adorable local brand. Visitors will be able to learn about Asian food heritage as they experience the exhilarating food adventure the characters embark on. Daily shows are available at 2.00pm, 4.00pm and 7.00pm. Redeem an admission ticket with every S$20 spend in a single receipt. T&Cs apply.
Discover Chinese New Year Exclusives
Feed off the festive energy with Chinese New Year exclusives, available only at ION Orchard.
Follow ION Orchard on Facebook and Instagram to catch a glimpse of new collections and exclusive pieces. ION Orchard will feature different brands through a specially curated Fashion Lookbook, drawing inspiration from the heart of the season – porcelain- or rat-inspired designs. Ahead of the season for hearty feasts, stay tuned to the mall’s social media for festive menus and special promotions! Shoppers can shop or eat to their heart’s content at some of the stores in the mall.
For instance, in the spirit of giving, shoppers at Shu Uemura will receive a complimentary brush case with purchase of the iconic petal 55 foundation brush – exclusive to their ION Orchard boutique during the campaign period, while stocks last.
Those looking to add some sparkle to their new year outfits can also enjoy 30% off with Larry Jewelry’s exquisite platinum collections from 3 January to 9 February 2020.
And for shoppers who fancy stylish essentials – Rabeanco is giving away a wristlet pouch free with purchase of S$300 or above from 3 January to 8 February 2020!
In addition, shoppers will be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle amidst all the festive snacking with GNC. From 3 January to 8 February 2020, the brand is offering 80 capsules of their LAC Activated™ Liver Protector™ at S$88, down from their usual S$109.95.
Treasures in Full Bloom
• Exclusive Set of Red Packets and a Mandarin Orange Carrier ION+ Rewards Members or American Express® Card Members^ with S$80* spend. Redeem at L4, L1 or B3 Concierge Counter. While stocks last.
• Earn 38 ION+ Bonus Points# (equivalent to $15 shopping vouchers) First 1,000 ION+ Rewards Members with S$200* spend. American Express® Card Members^ will receive additional 5 ION+ Points.
• Earn 75 ION+ Bonus Points# (equivalent to $30 shopping voucher) First 80 ION+ Rewards Members daily with S$450* spend. American Express® Card Members^ will receive additional 5 ION+ Points.
• Earn 250 ION+ Bonus Points# (equivalent to $100 shopping voucher) ION+ Rewards Exclusive: First 80 members weekly with S$1,500* spend.
Receive S$50 shopping vouchers with S$1,088 spend in a single transaction on the American Express Card^. Limited to the first 288 Card Members. Redeem at L4 Concierge Counter.
^For spend offers, payment must be made by American Express Card issued by American Express International Inc. in Singapore including American Express Corporate Card and American Express Cards issued by DBS Bank Limited, United Overseas Bank Limited, and Citibank Singapore Limited. *Valid for receipts on same-day spend only. Other terms and conditions apply. Check with Concierge or visit ionorchard.com for more details.
• Alipay Festive Promotion From now till 2 March 2020, get RMB50 worth of vouchers with Alipay at only RMB10. Alipay Passion Made Possible card holders will also receive an additional $10 shopping voucher. T&Cs apply.
• Global Blue Prosperity Returns Lucky Draw 2020 From 3 January – 9 February 2020, stand to win a trip to Singapore and receive additional 10% tax refund when you shop at Global Blue affiliated retailers at ION Orchard. T&Cs apply.
• Spring Blossoms Garden Weibo Photo Contest From 10 January – 9 February 2020, stand to win store vouchers worth up to S$50 when you take a selfie or wefie at our Spring Blossoms Garden at level B1. Limited to first 200 shoppers. T&Cs apply.
• My Favourite Shopping Haul Weibo Photo Contest Stay tuned to our Weibo channel and be one of the 5 lucky winners to win gift sets worth up to S$100 from ION Orchard stores. T&Cs apply.
THE FESTIVE LINEUP
11 and 12 January Dynasty Travel Fair B4 ION Station 10.00am – 10.00pm
11, 12, 18, 19, 25 and 26 January
Greetings for New Beginnings B1 12.00pm – 2.00pm
Now till 8 February Bvlgari Cinemagia Pop-Up L1 Atrium 10.00am – 10.00pm
14 – 19 January Converse Pop-Up B4 ION Station 10.00am – 10.00pm
25 and 26 January Welcoming the God of Fortune Roving 1.30pm
25 – 27 January; 1, 2 and 8 February
Lion Dance and Drums Performances
L1 Atrium 3.08pm
February – March 2020
ION Sky: First Day of Spring L56 ION Sky 2.00pm, 4.00pm, 7.00pm, 3.00pm, 5.00pm, 8.00pm