Apple® today introduced the new seventh-generation iPad®, bringing more screen area and support for the full-sized Smart Keyboard™1 to its most popular and most affordable iPad. Starting at just S$499, the upgraded iPad features a stunning 10.2-inch Retina® display and the latest innovations including Apple Pencil®2 support, the fast A10 Fusion chip, advanced cameras and sensors, unmatched portability and connectivity, ease of use and great all-day battery life.3 The new iPad is available to order starting today and in stores starting Monday, September 30.
“The new iPad packs even more value into our most popular and affordable iPad model featuring a bigger 10.2-inch Retina display, support for Apple Pencil and for the first time, the full-size Smart Keyboard,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s vice president of Product Marketing. “The new iPad was built to run iPadOS, which introduces powerful new ways to multitask, manage and mark up documents, use Apple Pencil and view more information at a glance on a redesigned Home screen. This new iPad with iPadOS takes everything people love about our most popular iPad and makes it even better for creating, learning, working and playing.”
Bigger Display in a Powerful and Portable Design
The new 10.2-inch Retina display iPad has nearly 3.5 million pixels and a wide viewing angle making it a vivid canvas for creative expression and perfect for immersive augmented reality (AR) experiences that take advantage of its enhanced cameras and advanced sensors. Featuring the powerful A10 Fusion chip, the new seventh-generation iPad brings up to two times faster performance over the top-selling Windows PC4 for powerful multitasking and smooth gameplay in Apple Arcade.
Designed to be ultra-portable and durable, iPad weighs about one pound and for the first time features an enclosure made from 100 percent recycled aluminium with the same strength, durability and beautiful finish as the aluminium in all Apple products.5 Staying connected is easy on iPad with ultra-fast wireless performance and support for Gigabit-class LTE connectivity — delivering three times faster6 cellular data connections.7 With Touch ID, unlocking iPad is simple and secure using just a finger, to keep important information safe.
A New iPad Experience with iPadOS
iPadOS™ brings powerful new capabilities and intuitive features designed for the unique experience of iPad. A redesigned Home screen shows more apps on each page and the Today View can now be added, allowing quick access to widgets for at-a-glance information including news headlines, weather and calendar events. Working with multiple files and documents from the same app is now easier on iPad with updates to Split View, as well as switching between multiple apps using Slide Over.
The must-have Apple Pencil opens up new ways to be creative and more productive and is even more integrated into the iPad experience. Customers can now mark up and send entire webpages or documents by simply swiping Apple Pencil from the bottom corner of the screen, and a redesigned tool palette gives easier access to useful tools, colours and shapes.
Managing documents in the Files app with iPadOS gets even more powerful with support for external USB drives and file servers. Safari® brings desktop-class browsing to iPad so users always get the website best optimised for iPad, as well as support for popular web apps like Squarespace and Google Docs. For additional information on iPadOS features, including Dark Mode, custom fonts and working with Photos, visit apple.com/sg/ipados.
The Most Complete iPad Family Ever
The newest, most affordable iPad joins iPad mini®, iPad Air® and the most advanced iPad Pro® models, offering the best, most versatile iPad lineup ever. The complete lineup includes Apple Pencil support, best-in-class performance, advanced displays and all-day battery life for an experience unmatched by any other tablet. Whether customers prioritise portability, screen size, power or price, there’s an iPad for everyone. Learn more about the iPad family at apple.com/sg/ipad/compare.
Pricing and Availability
- The new seventh-generation iPad comes in silver, space grey and gold finishes in 32GB and 128GB configurations. iPad will start at S$499 for the Wi-Fi model and S$649 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model from apple.com/sg, in the Apple Store® app and Apple Stores, and be also available through Apple Authorised Resellers and select carriers (prices may vary).
- iPadOS ships for free with the new seventh-generation iPad and will be available as a free software update on September 30 for iPad Air 2 and later, all iPad Pro models, iPad 5th generation and later, and iPad mini 4 and later.
- Apple Pencil (1st generation) is available for purchase separately for S$138.
- The Smart Keyboard is a full-size keyboard that connects to the 10.2-inch iPad with the Smart Connector. It will be available for purchase separately for S$248 with layouts for over 30 languages, including simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
- Polyurethane Smart Covers are available for S$75 for iPad in charcoal grey, white, pink sand and a new Alaskan blue.
- Customers in the US can trade in their eligible device for an Apple Store Gift Card or a refund on their purchase. If the device isn’t eligible for credit, Apple will recycle it for free.8
- When customers buy online from Apple, they can make their new iPad their own with free engraving.
- Customers can extend their limited warranty with AppleCare+ and get 24/7 priority access to technical support.
- Every customer who buys iPad from Apple can enjoy free Personal Setup in-store or online, and receive guidance on how to customise their iPad, set up email, find new apps from the App Store and more.
- Apple Arcade on the App Store will be available with iOS 13 as a subscription for S$6.98 per month and is launching with a one-month free trial.9 Users get unlimited access to the entire catalog of over 100 new, exclusive games, all playable across iPhone®, iPad, iPod touch®, Mac® and Apple TV®.
- Apple TV+ will be available on the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac and other platforms, including online (tv.apple.com), for S$6.98 per month with a seven-day free trial. Starting today, customers who purchase any iPad can enjoy one year of Apple TV+ for free.10
- Apple Arcade on the App Store and Apple TV+ on the Apple TV app join Apple’s breakthrough services that include Apple Music®, Apple News+, Apple Pay® and iCloud®.
- Anyone who wants to learn more or go further with iPad or iPadOS can sign up for free Today at Apple® sessions at apple.com/sg/today.
1 Smart Keyboard sold separately.
2 The first-generation Apple Pencil sold separately.
3 Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results may vary.
4 When compared to the top-selling Windows PC laptop in the US for the first half of 2019.
5 Recycled material claim applies to the enclosure and is based on auditing done by UL LLC.
6 When compared to the previous 9.7-inch iPad.
7 Network speeds are dependent on carrier networks.
8 S$6.98 per month after free trial. No commitment. Plan automatically renews after trial until cancelled.
9 S$6.98 per month after free trial. One subscription per Family Sharing group. Offer good for three months after eligible device activation, starting November 1, 2019. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply.