Apple today introduced the new iPad Pro with all-screen design and next-generation performance, marking the biggest change to iPad ever. The all-new design pushes 11-inch and 12.9-inch Liquid Retina displays to the edges of iPad Pro and integrates Face ID to securely unlock iPad with just a glance.1 The A12X Bionic chip with next-generation Neural Engine in iPad Pro outperforms most PC laptops and offers a new USB-C connector, Gigabit-class LTE, and up to 1TB of storage to enable powerful new mobile workflows.2 With over a million apps designed to take advantage of the large Multi-Touch display, including next-generation apps like Photoshop CC on iPad (coming 2019), the new iPad Pro will push what users can do on a computer further than ever before.
A second-generation Apple Pencil magnetically attaches to iPad Pro and wirelessly charges at the same time. A new touch sensor built onto Apple Pencil detects taps, introducing an entirely new way to interact within apps. The new Smart Keyboard Folio features a streamlined design that’s adjustable for added versatility. The new iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard Folio are available to order starting today and in stores starting Wednesday, November 7.
“The new iPad Pro is a huge step forward for powerful, creative, mobile computing; it has an all-new thinner design, speeds through projects with the super-fast A12X Bionic chip and unlocks with a glance using Face ID in any orientation — while you’re sitting or standing, with iPad Pro on your desk or lap, with the new Smart Keyboard Folio and new Apple Pencil,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “There has never been a mobile device anything like the new iPad Pro; it has a gorgeous edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display that curves into the corners, breakthrough performance that outperforms most laptops, Face ID, support for the new Smart Keyboard Folio and new Apple Pencil, advanced new cameras and sensors for the best AR experiences ever in any device, a high-speed USB-C connector, louder speakers, faster wireless and more, all packed into a thinner device that has all-day battery life and is 25 percent smaller in volume.”
All-New, All-Screen Designs
iPad Pro features the world’s most advanced display — a stunning, edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display with rounded corners that follow the curves of iPad Pro’s unibody enclosure. With precision-milled glass, advanced pixel masking, sub-pixel antialiasing and a new backlight design, the new Liquid Retina display in iPad Pro is Apple’s brightest and most colour accurate iPad display, featuring wide colour support, True Tone and anti-reflective coating for a natural, accurate viewing experience indoors and out. ProMotion technology automatically adjusts the display refresh rate up to 120Hz for ultra-smooth scrolling and incredible responsiveness on iPad Pro.
The new 11-inch iPad Pro packs a bigger display with more pixels in the same footprint as the 10.5-inch model, yet still weighs just 468 grams. The new 12.9-inch iPad Pro places the largest display of any iPad into a more portable package — a massive 25 per cent reduction in volume.3 Both models are just 5.9-millimetres thin — the thinnest iPad design ever — making iPad Pro now even easier to take with you.
A12X Bionic and Next-Generation Neural Engine
Face ID Comes to iPad
Best Device for AR
New Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard Folio
New Power and Possibilities with USB-C
iOS 12 on iPad Pro
- The new 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro will be available in silver and space grey finishes in 64GB, 256GB and 512GB configurations as well as a new 1TB option. The 11-inch iPad Pro starts at S$1,199 for the Wi-Fi model and S$1,419 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model and the 12.9-inch iPad Pro starts at S$1,499 for the Wi-Fi model and S$1,719 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model from apple.com/sg and Apple Stores, and is also available through Apple Authorised Resellers and select carriers (prices may vary).
- The new iPad Pro models, Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard Folio are available to order starting today from apple.com/sg with availability starting Wednesday, November 7, in the US and more than 40 additional countries and regions, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE and UK. Later this year, the new iPad Pro models will be available in Colombia, Greece, Greenland, Guatemala, India, Israel, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Macedonia, Mexico, Morocco, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and South Africa, with other countries and regions to follow.
- The second generation Apple Pencil for the new iPad Pro will be available for S$189. The new Smart Keyboard Folio for the new iPad Pro is available in space grey for S$269 for the 11-inch iPad Pro and S$299 for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro with layouts for over 30 languages, including simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
- A new Smart Folio for iPad Pro, in a protective, polyurethane folio design, will be available in a variety of colours for S$119 for the 11-inch iPad Pro and S$149 for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro at apple.com and Apple Stores.
- A wide assortment of Apple-designed USB-C accessories including adapters and cables also support iPad Pro and are available at apple.com/sg and Apple Store locations, including a new USB-C to SD Card Reader and USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter.
- With Apple GiveBack™, customers can trade in their eligible device with Apple’s approved third party partner for money back via bank transfer. If the device isn’t eligible, Apple will recycle it for free.
- Every customer who buys iPad Pro from Apple can enjoy free Personal Setup in-store or online, and receive guidance on how to customise their iPad Pro, set up email, find new apps from the App Store and more.
- Anyone who wants to learn more or go further with iPad Pro or iOS 12 can sign up for free Today at Apple sessions at apple.com/sg/today.