Samsung Electronics Singapore announced that the Galaxy Z Flip Thom Browne Edition will arrive in June, while the Galaxy S20+ in Aura Red and Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G in Cloud White will be available in May.
Galaxy Z Flip Thom Browne Edition: Available from 13 June
Pre-sales will open from 2 June for UOB Reserve, Privilege Banking, Visa Infinite and Visa Infinite Metal credit cardmembers and Club21 Members.
The Galaxy Z Flip Thom Browne Edition, which features the designer’s signature red, white, and navy brand colours, draped on a pebble grey exterior pulled straight from the runway, will be debuted in a limited edition of 200 sets. To complete the look, the special edition also comes with custom designed Galaxy Buds+ and Galaxy Watch Active2.
This collaboration with the iconic New York fashion brand combines the best of art and technology. As respective leaders in fashion and technology spaces, the limited-edition Galaxy Z Flip makes a bold statement with Thom Browne’s signature aesthetic and Samsung’s state-of-the-art foldable technology.
Key Product Highlights:
The smartphone is the first of its kind to be encased in glass while sporting a matte look that is soft to the touch and effortless to hold. When unfolded, the Galaxy Z Flip Thom Browne Edition reveals even more design details inside, including:
- Iconic blinds, a reference to the mid-century office aesthetic at the centre of the Thom Browne world, which appear onscreen every time the phone is turned on and off;
- Pre-set app icons, labelled in classic text, as well as custom wallpaper which create an elemental Thom Browne uniformity;
- Distinctive sound cues including a typewriter for the keyboard, an analogue ringtone, and a shoe tap on a marble floor, that tie the entire experience together.
The Galaxy Z Flip Thom Browne Edition also comes with Galaxy Z Premier Service1. This specialised care offering provides customers with the most premium product experience possible, which includes:
- 24-hour concierge support via Samsung Members App
- One-time screen replacement or repair with a deductible of $180 (including GST)
- Door-to-door pick-up and delivery service for device repair (up to two times only)
Galaxy Z Flip Thom Browne Edition customers can also enjoy additional complimentary customer service benefits, such as 30-day 1-to-1 exchange for functional defects1, data transfer assistance1, diagnostic checks1, one-time 1-to-1 in-box accessories exchange1, and dedicated and priority queue at Samsung Customer Service Centre at VivoCity.
Galaxy Z Flip Screen Protector Application Service
Samsung will also be launching a complimentary screen protector application service2 for all new and existing Galaxy Z Flip customers. This service is valid within 12 months from date of purchase3. Interested customers can pre-book an appointment via the Samsung Members app before heading down to any Samsung Customer Service Centre.
New Colour Options for Galaxy S20 smartphone range: Available from 30 May
Singapore consumers will also be spoilt for choice with two new colour variants of the Galaxy S20 flagship range – Galaxy S20+ in Aura Red and Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G4 in Cloud White. Both will be available from 30 May.
The Galaxy S20+ in Aura Red comes in an eye-catching shade that instantly accentuates an individual’s look, and further exudes a sense of confidence, energy and passion. The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G in Cloud White adds a touch of class, and is perfect for users who prefer simplicity and a polished silhouette.
Key Product Highlights:
- Details in stunning clarity: With a larger image sensor available on the Galaxy S20 series, camera resolution is significantly increased, for more detailed images with added flexibility for editing, cropping, and zooming. The Galaxy S20+ features a 64MP rear camera, while the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G has a 108MP rear camera. Another benefit is that the larger sensors take in more light, so you get rich image quality even in low light situations. The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G takes things a step further with the option to shift dynamically between a high resolution 108MP mode and a 12MP mode.
- Single Take mode: Single Take lets you stay in the moment, while you capture the moment. Thanks to its AI camera technologies, the Galaxy S20 series can take up to 14 different kinds of photos and videos5, such as Live Focus, Ultra Wide and more.
- Pro-grade filming capability: The Galaxy S20 series offers stunning 8K video shooting, so users can capture their world in true-to-life colour and quality. When you are done shooting, stream your video to a Samsung QLED 8K TV and enjoy its best-in-class viewing experience6 or grab a still from an 8K video and turn it into a high-res photo7. Even the bumpiest videos look like they were shot using an action camera, thanks to Super Steady and its anti-rolling stabilisation and AI motion analysis.
- Shaping the future of communication: With 5G, a new decade of mobile innovation is beginning. The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G is one of the first devices in Singapore that offers 5G capabilities. Samsung is currently working closely with carrier partners, regulatory groups and government agencies to develop the best 5G experience for our customers. Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G users can expect their devices to work seamlessly with the 5G network when it is available in Singapore.
The recommended retail price of the Galaxy S20+ in Aura Red and the Galaxy S20 Ultra in Cloud White are $1,498 and $1,898 respectively (including GST). Both smartphones will be available on Samsung Online Store, local telecommunication operators’ (M1, Singtel and StarHub) online stores, major consumer electronics & IT online stores, Lazada Singapore and Shopee Singapore.
In addition, Samsung has launched the Galaxy Buds+ in Red at a recommended retail price of $268 (including GST). The wireless earbuds are currently available exclusively on KrisShop Online till 5 June. It will be available exclusively on Lazada Singapore from 6 June to 6 July. Thereafter, it will be available on Samsung Online Store, and selected local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics & IT stores and pureplayers.
For more information about the Galaxy Z Flip and S20 series, visit samsung.com/sg.
1 Terms and conditions apply. For details, refer to https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/galaxy-z-premier-service.
2 Terms and conditions apply. For details, refer to https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/screen-protector-application-service-for-galaxy-z-flip/.
3 Any subsequent replacements (whether or not within the 12-month period from date of purchase) or application after the 12-month period from date of purchase will each be charged at $11.95 (including GST).
4 Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G is 5G-capable, and can be used to access 5G network in Singapore after local 5G network are launched. SIM card upgrade and/or software update may be required. Data subscription fees apply.
5 Requires minimum 3 seconds, maximum 10 seconds of shooting. The number and format of the resulting photos/videos generated using Single Take may vary.
6 TV sold separately. 8K streaming available on selected 2019 and 2020 Samsung QLED 8K TVs.
7 8K Video Snap allows you to capture 33MP photos from 8K videos.