MINI Asia and Eurokars Habitat invite drivers to step into the world of style with the latest special edition MINI – the MINI One Carnaby Edition – now available exclusively in Singapore in the 3 Door and 5 Door variants.
“The MINI One Carnaby Edition strengthens the progressive character and appeal of MINI with a unique edge,” said Kidd Yam, Head of MINI Asia. “This special edition has all the right elements reflecting the eclectic charm and vibrancy of Carnaby Street in London, while embodying the distinct driving fun and hallmark go-kart handling of all MINI models.”
Special Carnaby design elements.
On the MINI One Carnaby Edition, the stylish racing stripes (available in white or black) immediately catch the eye as it adorns the front bonnet and continues on the roof. The precise placement of the stripes in the middle of the car is unconventional – and fits perfectly with the edgy character of MINI. This effect is further enhanced with side stripes in the Carnaby Design.
Specially designed side scuttles are another distinctive trait of the brand – on the MINI One Carnaby Edition, the Night Jack side scuttles create a visual highlight on the car. These have been developed using materials of the highest quality to fit perfectly with the car’s design and geometry.
Completing the MINI One Carnaby Edition is the 16” Light Alloy Wheels in Victory Spoke as standard. The polished black finish of the wheels is the perfect complement to the car’s vibrant exterior, and the wheel set promises both performance and personality on the go.
A stylish interior.
On the inside, the MINI One Carnaby Edition features upholstery in Leatherette Carbon Black that is pleasing to the touch. It is paired with the Carbon Black interior colour line as standard.
The limelight falls on the MINI Carnaby Edition Cockpit Facia, paired with the car’s interior in Carbon Black. Taking its cue from the design of the rear tail lights, this specially designed panel from MINI Yours adopts the Union Jack motif and melds it with the Carnaby design elements. The cockpit facia is produced via sophisticated 3D printing and laser technology that ensures each panel is of outstanding quality with an accurate fit.
Other features of the MINI One Carnaby Edition include the centre armrest for the driver and front passenger – this provides comfort and increased utility with more storage space. For ease of use, the keyless Comfort Access system allows the driver to enjoy the convenience of unlocking the doors and boot plus starting the engine without having to fish for his key in his pocket or bag. A rear view camera is also standard on the MINI One Carnaby Edition – this system features track and turning circle lines for greater ease of use, as well as an obstacle marker as an additional guide when manoeuvring into a tight parking space.
Fun and efficiency in a compact package.
The 3-cylinder petrol engine of the MINI One Carnaby Edition draws its power from a capacity of 1.5 litres, with a maximum power output of 102 hp and a top torque output of 190 Nm. The potent engine features petrol direct injection with a maximum pressure of 350 bar, ensuring that drivers can zip through the ins, outs, and roundabouts of Singapore with effortless flair. The engine has been developed for optimised fuel consumption and emissions so as to be able to comply with the more rigorous exhaust emission standards of the future.
This digital feature allows MINI drivers to access a digital world of personalised services designed to make day-to-day mobility and planning even easier, thereby integrating the MINI seamlessly into their digital lives.
– ‘Weather’ and ‘News’ vehicle apps provide information and entertainment throughout the journey, and drivers can even request for the car to read out the latest news.
– The Natural Language Understanding feature enables drivers to operate certain functions of the car by speaking, and the system has a processing speed of just a few seconds.
– Teleservices by MINI delivers greater convenience and efficient servicing processes. As soon as a service is required, the service-related data is automatically transferred to the MINI Centre via the Automatic Teleservice Call. A representative will retrieve this data, analyse it, and contact the driver to arrange a service or maintenance appointment.
– The Remote Services function is particularly useful when the driver is not near the car. For example, if he isn’t sure that the windows are fully closed or if the doors are locked, all he needs to do is to check the status on the MINI Connected smartphone app (available for Apple and Android devices). The car doors can be remotely locked and unlocked via the app. On a particularly hot day, the driver is also able to cool down the car by switching on the air ventilation function via the app well before he gets to the driver’s seat. Other useful information such as the car’s fuel level is also reflected on the app.
– For greater peace of mind, the Intelligent Emergency Call function comes in handy for quick emergency assistance at the push of a button. If the driver gets into an accident or sees a vehicle that needs immediate help, a call is made directly to the BMW Group Call Centre with key data from the car, such as the exact location as well as the status of the airbags and front seat belts. If necessary, the system can even make the call automatically.
The MINI One Carnaby Edition is now available for viewing at the Eurokars Habitat showroom.