Louis Vuitton presents Time Capsule, a journey through the history of the House that revisits its landmark innovations in technology and design. Travelling from the House’s beginnings in 1854 to the present day, the story is told using rare and celebrated objects selected from the Louis Vuitton archive.
Time Capsule demonstrates the ways in which Louis Vuitton has anticipated the needs and desires of a changing world over 160 years. As advances in transport have accelerated our movement around the world, so Louis Vuitton has continued to address new challenges faced by travelers with imaginative and ingenious creations.
The exhibition follows a visual timeline of landmark moments in the Louis Vuitton story, focusing on six key aspects:
1) The codes of the House: those distinctive design features that can be traced back to Louis Vuitton’s very first trunks
2) Journeys around the world, revealing how Louis Vuitton met the demands of new forms of transport
3) Elegance and beauty in motion, showing how Louis Vuitton has enabled its clients to travel in style
4) Louis Vuitton and the Arts: the House has opened its doors to architects, artists and designers across the decades
5) Magic Malle, symbol of the House, the trunk is where it all began.
6) Artisans Room, live experience with Louis Vuitton craftsmen
Time Capsule will tour key territories, with the content adapting to the interests of clients locally. Next locations include:
Dubai, Dubai Mall: November 7th to December 15th
Shanghai, Hongqiao Airport: November 18th to December 15th
Louis Vuitton Time Capsule Exhibition Singapore
18 October – 5 November 2017
Open Daily 10.00am – 10.00pm
Level 1, ION2, ION Orchard
Last entries to exhibition: 20 minutes before closing. Exhibition rooms close 10 minutes before.
For further information: http://www.louisvuitton.com